Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Voyeur at the Window: Gail Albert Halabran.


Photographer Gail Albert Halaban‘s series Out My Window is unsettling and beautiful at the same time... Luckily these are not of unsuspecting strangers, but staged with friends, though they are still intended to share something that Halaban says New Yorkers can relate to: “connecting” with neighbors through apartment windows.

Halaban says: "I’m a photographer and therefore I’m a voyeur, and I’m a New Yorker and therefore I’m a voyeur. I think every city has its own way that people connect to their neighbors. In LA it’s through the car window. In New York, I think it’s through the apartment window." (Find more at Out My Window by Gail Albert Halaban)

My proximity to my neighbors in San Francisco is undoubtedly nothing like in New York, but my Russian Hill room mates and I did develop quite the relationship with our neighbors in the kitchen across the alley - it was always fun to see what they were cooking up, or shaking up as was the case for one experienced mixologist.

Via PetaPixel.

No comments:

Post a Comment