Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Cheesemonger.

Whipping up mozzarella and ricotta from scratch has been on the top of my list for quite some time and over the holidays I finally fulfilled my culinary resolution, with the help of my sister and her hubby!

Ignoring the resulting numbness in my hands from stretching hot curds, making mozzarella was a surprisingly easy process and ohhhhh so delicious. I'm looking forward to making a few batches every month, and experimenting with some herbs de provence!

I'll be adding cheesemonger to my CV soon, obviously.
Just kidding... I'll leave that to the pros - ahem, Kara.


Mozzarella is best devoured immediately, while warm... if you must - and I recommend that you do - accompany it with crusty bread, heirloom tomatoes and proscuitto chips (pop proscuitto into a 400 degree oven on a baking sheet for a few minutes until they just begin to crisp). It's a recipe for a glorious evening, without a doubt. My girlfriend and I also cracked a 2005 Viansa Fresa; I'm pretty sure that one was supposed to be out of reach, in the back of my cupboard, but c'est la vie! It was incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment