Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Tip of the... Pencil?

I have recently started a prep course in a quest to return to academia (Hooray! "Finally, Whit" I'm sure some of you are thinking), and have found myself at a loss for.... pencils. What? Really?  I don't own a single pencil?! Nope. And couldn't find any in office supply room either. I live in a world of permanent ink.

So I trekked on down to the store and bought "The World's Best Pencils: Dixon Ticonderoga" (What a name)... and that made me remember having seen Dalton Ghetti's miniature masterpieces created on the tips of these delightfully old school writing utensils, which I simply have to share!

Dalton, who works as a carpenter, has been making his tiny graphite works for about 25 years.
He uses three basic tools to make his incredible creations – a razor blade, sewing needle and sculpting knife. He refuses to use a magnifying glass and has never sold any of his work, as he only given it away to friends. These works are incredible!
I know what you're thinking. This is crazy.

1 comment:

  1. wow, this is so great! I can't believe he doesn't sell his work--I am so amazed that he is able to get those hearts to interlock!! how??? so cool, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete